WEEKLY CHECK IN IS 1:00 PM @ THE WRESTLING PREP EL DORADO HILLS FACILITY – 1117 WINDFIELD WAY #100, EL DORADO HILLS, CA
MOST WEEKS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION – COMMUTER & OVERNIGHT
ONLY WEEK ONE, WEEK TWO, AND FARGO TRAINING ARE FULL FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPERS AND CAN ONLY TAKE COMMUTER REGISTRATIONS
**WEEK FOUR THRU WEEK SIX IS OPEN FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPERS **
For the TENTH Summer WRESTLING PREP is offering comprehensive and unique SUMMER Residential Training Camps, Team Camps, Specialized Fargo Competition Preparation, Private Sessions, Academic Training, Match Night – Match Mornings, Open Rooms and Private Groups.
- ACADEMIC – SAT/ACT – COLLEGE PREP – COLLEGE RECRUITING TRAINING AND CLASSES AVAILABLE
- SPECIAL FARGO TRAINING CAMP INCLUDING AARON PICO, VALENTINE KALIKA (unless unanticipated schedule change) and JASON WELCH
- LIVE WRESTLING / MATCH NIGHTS EVER WEEK – OVER 22,000 MATCHES WRESTLED IN 2014
- TEAM CAMPS WITH MIXED MODULES TO MEET COACHES NEEDS
- OVER 2262 WRESTLERS IN SUMMER 2014
- WEEKEND TOURNAMENTS AND COMPETITIONS WITH BEST OF CA WRESTLING AVAILABLE
- FOLKSTYLE – FREESTYLE – GRECO COACHES & COUNSELORS
- BODY LEVERAGING – SCRAMBLE BY DESIGN
- INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AVAILABLE
WRESTLING PREP training can make the difference . . .
- 284 Wrestlers in College
- 48 Wrestlers in Graduate School
- 500+ Scholarships and or Financial Assistance Given
- 22,000 Matches Wrestled Summer 2014 in Q3 (June thru Aug)
- 2262 Wrestlers at WP SJ Facilities in Q3 (June thru Aug)
- Current World and International Champions and Team Members as Aaron Pico, Shawn Bunch, Daniel Cormier, Valentin Kalika and Jason Welch
- 14 Match Nites (no cost)
- 44 Open Rooms (no cost)
- 4 CA CIF State Champs, 5 CA CIF State Finalists, 23 CA CIF State Placers
- State Champs or Placers in MO, AZ, OR, VA
- Champions, AA’s or Placers 2013 Journeymen, 2013 Clovis World Challenge, 2013 Freak Show, 2013 Super 32, 2013 JJ Classic, 2013 Walsh Jesuit Ironman, 2013 Zinken, 2013 Reno TOC, 2014 Doc B’s, 2014 Tim Brown, 2014 Temecula, 2014 5 Counties, 2014 Mid Cals, 2014 CA CIF, 2014 MO State, 2014 AZ State, 2014 VA State, 2014 OR State, 2014 SCWAY Grade State, 2014 CA USA Grade State, 2014 NHSCA, 2014 Flo Nationals, 2014 USA Folkstyle Nationals, 2014 Vegas, 2014 Fargo, 2014 CA World Challenge, 2014 Super 32
- Competed in 18 Off Season Tournaments at HS Level Across CA and the Nation
- 234 SAT / ACT Assistance Given
- 11 International Wrestlers Sponsored
WRESTLING PREP Residential Training Summer Camps run for 6 weeks with 2 weeks of specialized training for 8 weeks total. Most weeks are comprised of 14 sessions with clinicians/counselors best suited to the skill set and goals of the wrestlers participating. Cost is $340.00 per week. There are significant discounts for early registration. This year, residential training summer camps will be offered:
Carolyn Wester & Jason Welch plus additional Coaches for Summer 2015 @ WP to include but not be limited to Daniel Cormier, Shawn Bunch and 20 to 40 Collegiate Athletes who have trained at WP through out their careers.
- Week One – June 21 – June 26 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – FULL FOR OVERNIGHT!! ONLY ACCEPTING COMMUTER SIGN UPS.
- Week Two – June 28 – July 3 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – FULL FOR OVERNIGHT !! ONLY ACCEPTING COMMUTER SIGN UPS
- Week Three – July 5 – July 10 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – OPEN FOR OVERNIGHT & COMMUTER
- Fargo Competitive Training Camp – Jason Welch, Aaron Pico, JD Hawkins (scheduling permitting) July 12 – July 17 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – OPEN FOR OVERNIGHT & COMMUTER
- Week Four– July 26 – July 31 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – OPEN FOR OVERNIGHT & COMMUTER
- Week Five – August 2 – August 7 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – OPEN FOR OVERNIGHT & COMMUTER
- Week Six – August 9 – August 14 at WP Facility Sacramento CA – OPEN FOR OVERNIGHT & COMMUTER
SUMMER 2015 MATCH NIGHTS IN SACRAMENTO CA
Here is the schedule for Summer 2015 Match Nights During Residential Training Camps. These are at no cost and everyone is welcome including those who are not registered or participating in that particular week of training. Last summer we had over 2000 wrestlers participate and over 22,000 matches wrestled. Currently the Summer 2015 Residential Training Program has wrestlers registered from 16 states so it will be incredible competition.
Weigh In is at 6:30 pm (for grouping only). Wrestling begins at 7:00 pm and will run until 9:00 pm
- Wednesday July 8
- Wednesday July 15
- Wednesday July 29
- Wednesday August 5
- Wednesday August 12
RESIDENTIAL TRAINING SUMMER CAMPS run from Sunday around 1:00 pm to Friday at 11:30 am. Athletes can Sleep Over or Commute. The price per week is $340.00 and includes all training, over night accommodations and meals and 14 plus sessions of wrestling. Sessions are divided between technique then intensive drilling and comprehensive body leveraging to memorialize what they have learned. The athletes get in shape and develop mental toughness from wrestling not from conditioning runs.
EACH WEEK Athletes train in 14 sessions ranging from 3 hours to 1.5 hours. Monday thru Thursday the wrestlers are instructed in three sessions usually going from 9:30 am to 12:00 or 12:30 pm, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 9:00 or 9:30 pm. Friday session is typically 9:30 am to 11:00 pm. On Sundays they typically train from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm and again in the evening from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. . The wrestlers are fed three times a day with a series of snacks included.
COMPREHENSIVE CLINICIANS and COUNSELORS are available every week to best serve the needs of the athletes. This is Wrestling Prep’s ninth summer of training. Beginning in 2007 we converted from Camps to Residential Training Camps based on a module system that could better serve the diverse needs of the wrestlers. We wanted to make sure when a family pays for training, they are getting what best suits their wrestler as opposed to a camp where what is taught is based upon the best skill set of the clinician. In order to reach the goal, Wrestling Prep structured the training around a diverse and comprehensive list of clinicians and counselors – the majority of which have trained for some component of their Careers at Wrestling Prep. This provides seamless transfer of information to athletes as each Clinician and Counselor is familiar with the strengths and curriculum of the Head Coach and their peer instructors.
This year’s predicted Clinician / Counselor List includes but is not limited to:
- Carolyn Wester – Wrestling Prep Head Coach
- Daniel Cormier – 2x Olympican, 2x NCAA AA, Undefeated UFC Fighter
- Jake Smith – 3X Super 32 AA, 2X Beast of East AA, 4X State Placer (VA & CA) – VA State Champ – West Virginia University
- Shawn Bunch – 2X NCAA All American – World Team Member – International Competitor – Bellator Fighter
- Jason Welch – 3X CA State Champ 4X CA State Finalist 3X NCAA All American Jr Hodge Trophy Winner – Graduate Northwestern University
- Ryan Flores – 2X NCAA AA & 2X CA State Champ
- Nikko Triggas – 14 HS National Championship – OTC Resident – Pan Am Games Gold Medalist (multiple) NCAA AA – CA State Champ
- Devin Reynolds – 2X OR State Champ – 3rd 2014 US Open Junior
- Christian Pagdilao – CA State Champ – Flo National Champ
- PJ Klee – CA Finalist – 4X Walsh Jesuit Ironman AA
- Adrian Camposano – CA State Champ – 3X CA Placer
- Peter Santos – CA State Champ – Freak Show Champ – Walsh Jesuit Ironman AA
- Alex Cisneros – 3X CA State Champ
- Check out the Wrestling Prep Special Guests list on the Wrestling Prep Website under About
FINANCIAL AID – Wrestling Prep offers extensive Financial Support for Wrestlers who desire Academic and Wrestling Training. Please Contact Carolyn 650 245-3533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Held at Wrestling Prep Facility Sacramento, CA
Wrestling Prep Summer Residential Camps will be held at our Sacramento Area Facility in El Dorado Hills.
1117 Windfield Way #100, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762 (Map / Directions)
The facility features:
- 20,000 sq ft
- 2 Full Weight Lifting Centers
- On Site Weight Lifting Training Available
While You’re Attending Camp
STORAGE OF VALUABLES: This year we will be training in once facility and staying at another. Each morning the wrestler will pack their back pack and we will head to training. The rest of their items will be locked inside a church sanctuary where we are staying. All of their items will be safe. We do suggest that your wrestler not bring valuable items to camp such as collectable singlets and the like.
ELECTRONICS CHECK IN: Wrestlers are allowed to bring their hand held electronics and other devices. The wrestlers will declare their electronics when they check in at WP. In addition, they have to agree to the usage rules while at WP which includes mandatory shut off of all electronics when requested by WP staff among others.
WASHING CLOTHES : Your wrestlers clothes and towel will be washed every 2nd to 3rd day. We ask that they bring a mesh laundry bag or they may buy one for $8.00 or rent one for $5.00 when they arrive.
TOWELS FOR SHOWERING: Please send your wrestler with 2 towels. Wrestlers are not allowed to have meals or participate in additional activities until they have showered at the end of the day.
SNACK SHACK: WP has a Snack Shack that is available for the Wrestlers to purchase items at designated times during the day. Gatorade, bottled water, protein drinks, popcorn, protein/power bars and snack foods and candy is available. You can set up an account for your wrestler and if they need more money deposit it accordingly.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE NO WHERE FOR YOUR WRESTLER TO STORE THEIR OWN FOOD OR DRINKS – PLEASE DO NOT SEND LARGE AMOUNTS OF FOOD, DRINK OR COOLERS **
WHAT TO BRING:
- Wrestling Shoes
- 2 Towels (please label)
- Back Pack (please label)
- 4 to 6 pairs of Shorts to work out (please label)
- 6 to 8 Shirts to work out (please label)
- Socks (please label)
- Underwear (please label)
- Running Shoes
- Flip Flops / Sandals (for shower area)
- Soap (strongly suggest liquid soap) (please label)
- Shampoo/Conditioner (please label)
- Toothbrush (please label)
- Toothpaste (please label)
- Deodorant (please label)
- Sweatshirt & Sweatpants (please label) (gets chilly at night)
- Notebook & Pen
- Refillable Water Bottle (please label)
- Sleeping Bag
Register Online for 2015 Residential Training Summer Camps
To register for residential training camp, additional training options and to pay in full, please click below:
To register for 2015 Summer Camps as a LOCAL COMMUTER, please click below.
For more information, contact Carolyn 650 245-3533 or email@example.com.
* Cancellation of Early Registration with full refund date closes April 1, 2015.